Monday, July 9, 2007

Adventures in CO

So I arrived safely in Denver on Saturday morning. I made all of my flights safely and was excited and quite nervous to step into the beginning of my journey. I spent Saturday waiting for people to arrive and slowly getting to know people as they got in. The other 4 minnesotian and myself were the very first to arrive at the airport and we even got there way before UWP was suppose to start picking us up to take us to the check in. It was good because we all got a chance to get to know each other better and take in the whole environment before everyone else started arriving. We were so early that we actually were there for an entire 2 hours before any of the other cast members arrived, so we killed time by buying temporary tatoos from a vending machine and taking pictures of our bonding moment... I will post pictures of that at a later time, but my tatoo was of this evil looking snake wrapped around a skull... Sounds just like me right!?! After that we slowly started to meet people as they arrived and did this until we were picked up by our host families at around 9:30pm. I am staying with a great family that lives in Littleton (a suburb of denver) and with another cast mate name Suzanne from the Netherlands. On sunday we had a free day and we spent it going shopping with our host parents and going for a hike in the foothills. It was quite pretty until we learned that there are black bears and mountain lions roaming around and that it is not uncommon to see them while you are hiking!!! AHHHH!!! So that made for some exciting adventures! Which leads me to today... It was our first official UWP day and it was great fun!!! We played a lot of get-to-know-you games and even watched the staff preform a mini show for us!! it was wonderful getting to know everyone and realizing that these are people that are going to become like family to me for the next 5 months!! I still don't think that realization has hit me yet, but hopefully one day soon it will. But I am getting exausted right now so I am calling it a night because I have to be up at the butt-crack (compliments of my father) of dawn so stay tuned for the next edition!!

1 comment:

Cathy DeGraff said...

Netta,
It was awesome to be there to greet you in Denver and to see you jumping into this experience. Thanks for taking a leap of faith. Enjoy everyone of the indelible moments that you will have on your amazing journey! Blessings - Cathy