Sunday, July 15, 2007

More about Denver!

Saturday morning our host family took Suzanne and I to the Renaissance festival on the outskirts of Denver! It was a lot of fun just hanging out in the sun and seeing all of the costumes and events. One of the coolest things we saw was this man who played a huge instrument made of many many bells. The contraption weighted over 4 tons!! It was very cool! then today we woke up and went to church with kay and Frank and just spent time relaxing the rest of the day. it has been a rejuvinating Sunday so hopefully it will help when I don't get much sleep in the upcoming days. Also, I am including some pictures of my trip so far so i hope you enjoy them!!


And since I have some time I will explain some of the picutres to you. the first is a picture of me, the rest of the Minnesotians, and Vannessa from New Jersey all getting fake tatoos when we arrived because we had to find something to do while we waited for all of the other students to arrive. the next picture is of the view from the back yard of our host families house!! great right! Following this is the picture of the front of the complex that we have been spending all of our staging time in!! It is a cool facility partially because it is so old and the arcetecture is so great!! Next we have Suzanne and I with Starbucks because Suzanne loves it and she doesn't have it in the netherlands so she likes to stop there almost every day!! She makes me laugh a lot!! Next is during the culture jam that I talked about in an earlier post... this picture is of all the students from Germany who got together and preformed the song "99 Red Balloons"! They had a lot of fun with it and it was very entertaining to watch. Next is a bunch of UWP guys that were board during auditions that put together a little dance number and proceeded to call themselves "Out of Sync". They are hilarious!!! And last there is a picture of Suzanne and I at the Renaissance Festival!!
So that is it for now... but I will be posting again tomorrow night because I find out what tour I get to travel in and so i will let you all know as soon as I do!! See ya later

1 comment:

Kaylee said...

agghhhh!! i miss you and am so thrilled to be reading how you are doing...it brings back so many awesome memories, but even more, it makes me super excited for YOU! know that i love you, miss you and will be/have been praying for you. good luck finding out about the cast...remember, that it'll all work out and that everything happens for a reason! you rock, chica bonita!