Sunday, August 12, 2007

Alumni Mania

So these past couple days have gone by in a whirlwind!!! On Friday we got the opportunity to perform for a full house (approximately 2,700 people) which included 1,200 alumni of UWP!!! It was so incredible and thier enthusiasm for us and our show was probably one of the best experiences I have had so far on the trip!! The show went very well and we were all very proud to call ourselves the future alumni of up with people!! After the show we ended up getting home and in to bed around 1:30 AM and then had to be back up and at 'em at 6 AM so we had a very short night of sleep! I figure it is going to be like that the entire trip though so I might as well get use to it now and that I am just going to have to sleep once the trip is over!
On Saturday we got the chance to hear from many great speakers, including the founder of UWP and his wife! It was so great to hear his continued passion for UWP and what it does and the great history of UWP!! One thing that I thought was the most incredible was the story he told us about how UWP was in Russia when the Olympic games masacre happened in Munic (sorry if that isn't spelled right) and that after the masacre, UWP was the very first people that were allowed into the olympic village and they performed for the athletes! It was an absolutely AMAZING story! After all of the guest speakers we got a chance to hang out with Cast B because yesterday was the last day we were going to see them and so we all had a pool party and a grill out and just got the chance to relax and chill one final time before we wend our separate ways!! Later in the evening we again met up with the alumni but this time we got to watch them perform their ERA SHOW!!! In this show, each cast that wants to gets together, refreshes their memory on the dances and songs they performed and puts on a mini show of a couple of songs from thier travel days!!! It was absolutely HILARIOUS to watch!! I think my favorite part was cast....'67... I think... but they did this little number where they all did the ROBOT!!! It was so great to see a bunch of 40 and 50 somethings get up and do the robot!! I commend them for their performance and I for sure give them credit for enjoying doing it!!!
Today we just got the chance to hang out with our host family which has been great so far and we are currently getting ready for dinner!! My host family has been great and I feel like I have just gotten here and I already have to leave tomorrow!!!
Lastly I have posted some pictures from our opening show so I hope you enjoy them!!!

No comments: