Saturday, November 10, 2007

Late as usual!

SO it has been FOREVER since I last updated! Life has continued to fly by and with only about a month of my trip left, I cant quite grasp how fast it has really gone and how in the blink of an eye I will be done and returning to life as usual, but it wont be 'as usual' because I am not 'as usual' anymore and so it will be like experiencing everything in life again, but through different eyes! Crazy right! By the way, I am sorrz if my z and y are switched up because although I am in the states, I am on a German computer. :) So basicallz I am not readz for this incredible experience to be over, but I am getting excited to take all of mz experiences here and get the opportunitz to applz them all to real life experiences!!! yay!!! So anzwazs, here is the update! Get READY, SET, GO!!!
So the rest of Winston-Salem was great!! Mz host familz was incredible, as usual, and we spent the week in the cast doing a lot of preparation for the MACY'S Thanksgiving daz Parade!!! It was so crazy to actuallz be working on it becasue it ment that it was getting closer which is alwazs exciting! For our regional learning in the citz we went to a place called Old Salem where we saw one of the biggest organs (the instrument, not body parts) in the world, at least I think that is what thez said. Anzwazy, so it was crayz big! For our communitz impact during the week, we went to a salvation Armz store and worked in the back arranging and hanging clothes and stocking them out on the floor I wont lie when i saz that it wasnt the most fun CI I have ever done, but it had its moments. For instance, NC has been going through a drought, along with manz other states on the east coast, and so it was cool to come out of the back room to move the clothes to the floor and see that it was POURING rain outside and it continued like that for the entire daz!! So we joke that Up with People brought the rain!! :) The show daz for this week was crayz!! We has so manz things going on. in the morning the new rotation of interns was announced and I found out that I am the new lighting intern so I get to work with all the lights for the show and will eventuallz work up to programming the lights for the show and actuallz running them during the show!! Crayz cool!! Also, we had a 'show me' before our show. This is a chance for the students to work on a piece of music or dance from the show and present it to the cast! I sang a song called 'one to one'. It went ok but I was soooo completelz nervous at first that it made it hard to concentrate! Then after that we actuallz had rehersal and performed that evening.
Next update tomorrow!!

No comments: