Sunday, September 16, 2007

Vimmerby - T-minus 1 day!

So it is officially one day before my cast arrives in Vimmerby and I am so excited!! It is a unique feeling because I am so excited to see my cast but I also know that things will really get stressful when they arrive and it will be sink or swim time! I am nervous now that the students will not like what we have planned for them or that someone will back out of our plans and it will cause everything that we have worked for to spin out of control! It makes me just a little nervous I guess. But anyways, planning for all of the students to arrive has been hecktic and hard but also a great learning experience for me. We did not have enough host families until yesterday! Crazy right, and we had been working our butts off to get them! I don't think there was ever a time in our advanced work when we weren't soliciting for host families!! But they are taken care of now so we are all breathing a bit easier. Also, the host family that Sokhoeun and I have been staying with has been WONDERFUL! They are so helpful and excited to have us staying in their home and are also taking 2 more students tomorrow! They are so great and our host mom keeps telling us that she is going to apply to be a road staff member because UwP sounds like so much fun and it would be cool to travel around the world with such energetic students! Personally I think she would be a great staff member because she has so much energy and vivacity for life, but also has that mom appeal and would keep all of the students in line!! (not that we as students misbehave) Our host family also consists of 3 sisters as well, not all of them are here becuase 2 have left for university, but so far we have met 2 and they are great! They all sing and dance together and are well known in the Vimmerby community for their talent! So we have had a blast here in vimmerby and are continuing to enjoy all that Vimmerby has to offer and I can't wait for the rest of our cast to get here to experience everything that we have in the past couple weeks. But that is all for now I guess, I have to get back to work!!

No comments: